DMC Construction Group seeks to comply at all times with the provisions of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (the Act), which regulates the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal and sensitive information, and ensures that you are given certain rights in respect of this information.
DMC Construction Group has adopted the National Privacy Principles (NPP) published by the Privacy Commissioner- a copy of which is available on request - and operates in accordance with those principles.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DMC Construction Group chiefly obtains personal information - including sensitive information - from you as an applicant for
membership or for insurance, as a purchaser or user of DMC Construction Group products or services, and/or as an applicant for employment with the association.
In addition, DMC Construction Group routinely receives or obtains personal information about third parties (which can include you)
from other members, from members of the public, and from public records.
All such information will, or may, be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- Dissemination to you of DMC Construction Group releases and other information relevant to customers and/or to the public
- Disclosure of personal information by DMC Construction Group to third parties, including to facilitate marketing approaches by or on behalf of DMC Construction Group Group or on behalf of businesses listed on our website
- General administrative and marketing purposes of the Organisation
- Statistical analyses and reports
- Marketing of DMC Construction Group and of related services and products to you
- Marketing of selected other products and services to you (where applicable)
- Consideration of applications for employment
- Development of plans, packages and contractual agreements as negotiated with you in the pre and post sale process
- Liaison with agents, brokers, financial agents and legal representation as appropriate with our fulfilment of service and delivery to you.
In supplying personal information, you agree to any or all of the above uses of your personal information that you supply to DMC
Construction Group. You also agree to similar use of other personal information that we may obtain about you from other sources mentioned above.
Subject to the Act, if DMC Construction Group acquires any of your personal information in other ways, or if DMC Construction Group uses your personal information for purposes other than those listed above (or purposes reasonably related to, or to be reasonably implied from, those), DMC Construction Group will notify you and seek your consent.
Whenever reasonably practicable, DMC Construction Group will seek such consent in advance of, but in any case as soon as practicable after, such event. At such times, DMC Construction Group will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- The purpose/s for which the information is collected
- Any law (where applicable) that requires us to collect that information
- The main consequences if you refuse or fail to supply any item or items of information, or to authorise its collection or its use.
RECORDS CONTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Act allows individuals to access and (if appropriate) to correct or to update the records held containing personal information relating to themselves.
Subject to the provisions of the Act, on request DMC Construction Group will arrange access for you to inspect your personal information held by DMC Construction Group. If, following such inspection, you wish to update or correct any item or items of your personal information, arrangements will be made for you to apply for such update or correction.
DMC Construction Group will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you consent or have already consented to such disclosure where such disclosure is permitted, or required, under the Act or other legislation.
INFORMATION STORAGE AND SECURITY
Personal information is stored electronically and/or in hard copy either at DMC Construction Group or a professional storage facility.
RISKS OF USING THE INTERNET
Transmitting information via the Internet carries a security risk, which DMC Construction Group cannot and will not attempt to control. Before using the Internet for communication, please assess the attendant risks, and proceed only if you are prepared to accept those risks.
If you do not want us to send you any information about services, you can opt out by writing to The Privacy Officer, DMC Construction Group, PO Box 143 Drayton North Qld 4350, faxing your request to (07) 074630 1492 , or emailing your request to email@example.com For all privacy inquiries please contact the Privacy Officer on (07) 46301493.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND FEEDBACK
You can obtain more information about your rights and about remedies of any breaches from the Privacy Commissioner on 1800 023 985 1800 023 985 or at www.privacy.gov.au.
We welcome any feedback you may care to provide concerning our privacy policies or practices. Please send your feedback to The Privacy Officer, DMC Construction Group, PO Box 143 Drayton North Qld 4350.
You can also contact the Privacy Officer by telephone on (07) 46301493, fax on (07) 074630 1492 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Privacy Principles (NPP)
Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000